The Brazilians Experience
Discover Brazilians influences in the city.
Discover the strong historic relationship between Porto and Brazil well demonstrated in several historic events, architecture, costumes and street names.
This connection to Brazil is well demonstrated in the statue of D. Pedro IV- I Imperator of Brazil that gave his heart to the city, located in an impressive tomb in Igreja da Lapa.
Porto was the birthplace of important Portuguese personalities related to Brazil like Pero Vaz De Caminha, Brás Cubas but also the place of the death of Teresa Cristina, last Empress of Brazil and nicknamed “the mother of the Brazilians”, at the Grand Hotel Do Porto;
You will visit palaces like Palácio Das Cardosas, some beautiful cafés as “A Brasileira” and “Guarany” built by the "Brazilians"- Portuguese citizens emigrated in Brazil who returned meanwhile, showing-off the economic wealth they had accumulated but also developing abundant charitable and philanthropic activities that define the nineteenth-century urban landscape and the culture of the city.
- Itinerary: Avenida Dos Aliados, Igreja da Lapa, Rua Santa Catarina
- Meeting Point: Your accommodation|hotel;
- Pick up time: To be determined with the Client;
- Duration: Half|Full Day Experience (4|8 hours);
- Price: From 40€ per person;
- Includes: Local expert tour guide, flexible schedule;
- Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese; Other languages available by request and budget;
- Notes: This tour can be made on car, bike or panoramic bus;