The Jewish's Tour in Porto
A unique vision about the Jewish heritage in Porto.
Discover the Jewish’s legacy in the city…
This tour is a discovery of the Jewish history, what left from the Jewish heritage, the most important families, curiosities and influences in the economy, and culture in Porto.
Guided by specialist in Jewish issues you will be taken, in chronological order, through the Jewish quarters that existed in Porto, up to the time of King Manuel the 1st edict of expulsion, in 1496..
In this experience, you will also visit the fourth Jewish quarter and understand why it was built outside the city walls and how the Inquisition, that started in 1536, affected the local community and the return of this same community by 1753 with Marquês de Pombal.
During this intense adventure, you can visit a what’s rests from the Jewish’s history in a private property located in Rua São Miguel (if we have authorization and open), see a plaque commemorating the victims of the Inquisition (outside Mosteiro São Bento da Vitória) and realize where took place the two Autos of Fé (near Portuguese Center of Photography).
During this tour, you can also visit the biggest synagogue in Iberian Peninsula (Sinagoga Kadoorie Mekor Haim) and the museum.
- Itinerary: City center, Jewish neighborhoods and Sinagoga Kadoorie Mekor Haim;
- Meeting Point: To be determined with the clients;
- Pick up time: To be determined with the clients;
- Duration: Half | Full Day Experience (around 5 hours);
- Price: From €55,00 per person.
- Includes: Jewish tour guide, visit to synagogue and flexible schedule;
- Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese; Other languages available by request and budget;
- Notes: Saturday & Sunday it’s not possible to visit Sinagoga Kadoorie Mekor Haim | the other days Sinagoga is only available on the afternoon.