Coimbra Private Tour
Meet the city of Coimbra
Discover the medieval capital of Portugal for over a hundred years, and site of the country’s greatest university for the past five centuries, Coimbra wears its weighty importance in Portuguese history with dignity.
During this private tour you can admire the atmospheric, beautiful historic core cascades down a hillside in a lovely setting on the east bank of the Rio Mondego: the city is a multicoloured collage of buildings spanning nearly a millennium.
This is the opportunity to visit the city center, narrow streets that hide love stories of thousands of students, gardens, convents, monasteries and listen the haunting metallic notes of the guitarra (Portuguese guitar) and the full, deep voices of fado singers.
Coimbra is also the city where took place a unique event in Portuguese history: the forbidden love story between Pedro (kings soon) and Ines de Castro (a commoner) that makes frequent subject of art, music and drama.
- Itinerary: Coimbra center, Universidade de Coimbra, Jardim Botânico, Colégio de Jesus, Real Colégio Das Artes, Catedral, Mosteiro de Santa Cruz, Quinta Das Lágrimas.
- Meeting Point: To be determined with clients ;
- Pick up time: To be determined with the Client;
- Duration: Full Day Private Experience (8 hours);
- Price: 400 EUR ;
- Includes: Expert Guide, flexible schedule;
- Spoken languages: English
- Notes: Entrances in monuments and lunch are not included.;